AQUAD 7 is open-source freeware (according to the conditions of GNU GPL v.3). A full feature list of AQUAD 7 can be found on the informationen and features page. The recent version 7.3 allows to analyze all kinds of qualitative data:
- within the framework of the code-paradigm,
- along Boolean minimization to identify types and
- by means of textual sequence-analysis to reconstruct case structures based on strict hypothesis testing (following the approach of objective hermeneutics).
- An interface with the statistical software “R” (open source) allows to combine qualitative and quantitative analyses; the scripts were modified and more scripts were added to version 7.3.
AQUAD supports the following data types:
- texts of any kind (e.g. transcripts of social interactions, letters, documents, …)
- audio-data (e.g. interview recordings)
- video-data (e.g. observations)
- pictures (e.g. photos, drawings)
Stepwise we will add more pre-constructed scripts for the open-source statistical software package R, which will enable users to realize combined quantitative-qualitative analyses. Besides pre-configured analyses, the plugin offers to use one’s own written R scripts.